Black Swamp Steel Careers
What does it mean to be a part of Black Swamp Steel? Our team is dedicated to developing relationships, taking responsibility, facilitating successful projects, working safely, and keeping our clients on-time and on-budget.
Our current openings are listed below. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to HR@Blackswampsteel.com.
Black Swamp Steel is an equal opportunity employer.
Construction On-Site Project Coordinator
(Southeastern Michigan & Northwestern Ohio)
Sr. Project Manager
Job Description Overview
A Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of a Sr. Project Manager, within the assigned Group. It will be a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that requires multi-task abilities along with an initiative taking mindset.
For the initial 1-3 years of experience, the Project Coordinator will be engaged in learning all aspects of the construction duties laid out below. It will be the responsibility of the Sr. Project Manager to mentor and delegate responsibilities to a Project Coordinator.
Types of Work
- Structural Steel Erection – Industrial, Manufacturing and Commercial Markets
- Heavy Highway Construction -Bridge Repair, Install metal decks, Set beams
- Bolted and Welded connections
- Erect Commercial Buildings
Under the direction of the Sr. PM:
- Learn the safety culture at Black Swamp Steel, Inc.
- Train in the use of Heavyjob software
- Train in Plan Reading and Material and take offs
- Solicit material supplier quotes
- Assist in project bidding and setup into HCSS bidding software
- Learn job costing and project resources with field superintendents
- Process purchase orders and subcontract agreements
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance